In our 2nd stop while on vacation to Krabi, Thailand, we decide to have a nice peaceful and relaxing stay. So, we surf online few months ago looking for a nice place for us and yet we found The Beach Boutique Resort located at Had Yao, Krabi, Thailand. This place consider very far and out from the tourism interest places.
Via online website, the resort was nice looking and from few email conversation with the resort staff (before we conform the booking), we aspect a nice relaxing and yet fun stay there. Personal, out of 10, I only give 5.5 star to this resort and will not recommended to others as I believed, there are lots more resort that can offer better then this and match the value we pay.
Mostly, the resorts in Had Yao is a Villa Type.
1. The staff does not speak English very well, so its difficult for us to communicate except with the receptionist staff . So, as a result, we did have lots of difficult while ordering foods, eating at the resort cafe and with the resort taxi driver. Not to mention, they pick us at the airport nearly 1/2 hour late. Lucky we got help from a Nakamanda staff! One more hotel staff from Krabi Town.
2. The room is good, but not suitable for Muslim or most of the Malay guess. We stay in Pool Villa room, so we have a pool right in front of our room which is nice. I don’t like the pillow because its too soft (my neck hurt much because of that), the bathtub is good, we enjoy it. The air conditioner also good but they need to put an air freshener so they the room will be much more fresh. At night, there will be mosquito and dragonfly, so, close the door well. But still, you can’t stop the ants to enter the room…The ant eat our biscuits and our milk powder..Dame! As mention earlier, the room not suitable for Muslim especially as the toilet don’t have a water pipe. Shower room and bathtub is ok. There a DVD player provided and also lots of DVD that you can borrow and watch in your room which is good. The bad is, the internet WIFI is not working in our room, either too far or they not setting it proper.
3. Foods and drinks is ok, but I was not happy with the service. Too complicating and annoying for our 2nd night dinner as the staff cant speak English well. The 1st night dinner is ok, we enjoy it. We like a dumb and silent people which we have to draw a diagram to the staff.
4. Environment there is good for relaxing. The resort did well in maintaining the resort and keep it well clean, but the beach is worst. Its ok if we cant swimming as is was a strong wind with strong wave, but at less they should keep the beach clean for a good view while enjoy the open sea.
5. Others facilities, just ok. The good is they did provide lots of DVD, but the bad is the internet connection in room is not working. Others is ok. And thanks for keeping the pools clean (not like Ayer Keroh Country Resort, OMG!)
As mention earlier, this place is far a bit and not a vacation center in Krabi. Only suitable if you are planning to stay in hotel , relaxing with love one or just to be alone. Once you get there, It is not easy to get out as there are no public transportation available. You need to pay for the taxi to Krabi town around 700THB for 1 wayfrom the resort and around 2,000THB from the resort to the Emerland Pool. There are very counting person. Its like all the things, the services, they want to charge.
On the way back to airport(luckily there is a transportation trip from airport – hotel – airport in the package), we did ask the driver if he can sent us to Krabi Town. Unfortunately, the driver is too greedy I guess. He want to charge us 500THB from airport to Krabi town. Oh man! this is expensive. Then we decided to ask him to drop us at airport. That is a good decision. The reason is because, we can manage to get the taxi for 700THB for a trip from airport – Krabi town – airport and 2 hours waiting. The taxi driver also friendly and fluent in English. Thumbs up for him!
Duration stay: 3D & 2N
Room type: Pool Villa
Rate: 10,550THB (RM1,055)
Recommendation: not recommended for Muslim but ok for relaxing only.
Our rate: 5.5 / 10
Ok, thats all for The Beach Boutique resort. I personally enjoy the vacation I had with my wife..the opportunities to swim with her privately and relaxing in room watching movies together, but I shall not coming back to this hotel again hopefully..there are lots more pool villa available that match with what you pay for nice vacation rather then this. LOL! but for the rest, you can try it if you want. ;D
Enjoy your vacation, bye!